Monday 15 July 2013

Monday Made It



Today I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made it!

All last week I was working on putting together my scrapbook from my teaching trip to Ecuador. I found these really great scrapbook pages at Costco for $7.96 for about 100 pages. I have so many pictures from my trip I had to go back and buy a second pack.



I haven't completely finished it yet, but I have completed the first "section" of my trip, and the rest of my pages are planned out. Here are a couple of my planned pages.



Finally, here are a few of my completed pages!

Our hotel in Quito, Ecuador.

Myself and some of the other pre-service teachers who I travelled with standing on the Equator.

Our cabin in the Amazon, the towel elephant that was on my bed, and Rumi the friendly dog.

Some snaps from our jungle hike.

Hopefully I'll get more finished soon so I can show you more of beautiful Ecuador! This was definitely the trip of a lifetime, and was quite a life changing experience. If you ever get the chance to go, you will not regret it! The country is beautiful and the people there are warm and friendly. I'm sure I'll talk more about this trip as I continue my blog.

My other 'kind of' Monday Made It, is my new blog background. I downloaded the photoshop program GIMP (It's free!) and made the design for my background and for my header. Thanks to the tutorials and content on The Cutest Blog on the Block, and also some downloaded online scrapbook decals (website at bottom of page), I was able to create a decent design. It is by no means perfect, I still have a lot to learn, but I think it's pretty good. I would like to make some further customizations to my layout and template, but the Blogger.com tools for this seem to be out of order for the time being. Is anyone else having this problem?

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

- Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Great scrapbook! I bet that took a long time to put together.
    -Lisa
    http://gradefourbuzz.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete